A fire destroyed a car and carport at a house on Tucson’s northwest side Tuesday. Authorities said that no one was injured in the blaze.
A Northwest Fire District spokesman, Capt. Brian Keeley said that the three residents of the home and their dog escaped from the house.
Several 911 callers reported the fire shortly after 3 p.m. in the 3300 block of West Bright Terrace. The neighborhood is east of North Camino de la Tierra and north of West Orange Grove Road.
Natural gas leak near the carport discovered by firefighters. But no one knows if the leak was a result of the fire or not. A Southwest Gas crew secured the leak shortly before 4:30 p.m. and firefighters remained on scene until the leak was secured.
The house is not safe to live in and the residents were receiving assistance with temporary housing, said Keeley.