There will be restrictions and closures next week on the I-10 in the Tucson area, as Arizona Department of Transportation continues with the road work to improve the roads quality in the area.
The following restrictions will come in effect next week (April 18-25):
- – The eastbound I-10 off ramp and westbound I-10 ramp at Kolb Road (Exit 270) will be closed for paving work at the interchange from 7PM on Monday to 5AM on Tuesday. Detour is possible through Rita Road.
- – The westbound I-10 off ramp and eastbound I-10 ramp at Kolb Road (Exit 270) will be closed for paving work at the interchange from 7PM on Monday to 5AM on Tuesday. Detour is possible through Wilmot Road.
- – Westbound I-10 will be closed at the junction with SR 90 from 9PM Wednesday to 5AM Thursday. While the crews are working on placing the bridge deck at Davidson Canyon, a detour will be available through SR90, SR 82 and SR 83 to return to I-10 at Exit 281. It is better for drivers to avoid the area during the time or plan their trip accordingly.
- – Between 6AM and 6PM the ramps at Empirita Road (Exit 292) will be closed intermittently in both directions for paving work.
- – The pavement work will continue on Monday, April 25, on I-10 between Benson and Tucson. Delays are expected for the next three weeks while crews will be applying the final surface pavement during the daytime.
It is recommended to move through the zones of road work with caution and be alert about the road personnel and equipment.